Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy First Day of Spring '11 and First Seedlings Planted

First things first...Happy Spring!! The first day of spring in Maine is always so welcome. This year is no different.

Today though is just a quick journal post. As we enter the middle of maple syrup season I got around to seeding some seeds. A list:
To go into the cold frame as soon as all the snow melts:
Buttercrunch lettuce, Typee Spinach, Swiss Chard, Cilantro, Italian Parsley,

Then for the garden,
Early Jersey Cabbage, Calabrese Broccoli, Broccoli Romanesco (although I may put one of each of these broccoli into the cold frame too), Brussel Sprouts (yuck! I hate brussel sprouts...these are for my daughter), sweet basil, dill, peppers: 2 kinds of sweet and one hot - Sweet Chervena Chushka Bulgarian Peppers, and Jimmy Nardello's Sweet Peppers. Czech Black Hot Peppers) and some tomatoes: Federle Paste Tomatoes Black Krim Russian Tomatoes, Mark Twain Tomatoes, Italian Heirloom tomatoes, Garden Peach Tomatoes, and for cherries: Sun Gold (YUM!) and SuperSweet 100's.

I forgot to plant the Kale. I will get to it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment