Monday, April 20, 2009

Kiss-Me-Over-the-Garden-Gate



Isn't this a lovely plant!? I just planted seeds for this today. First time I've tried this one. Says that Thomas Jefferson grew these and that they are spectacular cottage garden flowers that grow to 5 feet tall. I tend to have the exact same opinion as good 'ole T.J. when it comes to garden plants. So why not give it a try? This is an annual. That's the downside; I prefer perennials. Packet says it takes forever to germinate so my fingers are crossed it'll flower here in Maine. Got the seed from FEDCO so I assume it does.

Also got sweet peas (I love sweet peas; the more fragrant the better!), fennel,leeks, shallots, chamomile,coriander/cilantro, flax, larkspur, and more spinach in the ground today.Soaking some parsley seeds to plant tomorrow morning.

I planted the fennel near the garden entrance so when we walk in we can rub its leaves and smell that fantastic smell.

It looks, feels, and smells like rain is on the horizon so it's a good day to plant.Patriots Day; Boston Marathon Day. Feels like spring in Maine!

No comments:

Post a Comment