Sunday, April 12, 2009

The 2009 Gardening Season in Central Maine


Welcome to the first post of the 2009 gardening season!

Now that our maple syrup season has come to a close it's time to move on to gardening. To see my maple syrup blog visit: http://dunnmaple.blogspot.com/

As any gardener knows, this is a great time of year! This post is actually a week late. I started some seeds indoors last weekend, the 5th of April. I started some hot peppers, cherry tomatoes, leeks, shallots, pak choy, buttercrunch lettuce, fennel, dill, parsley, cilantro, and basil. Here's a photo of the very simple set up of these seeds. I use these left over trays from our local Thai restaurant. These are on a table in front of my kitchen window..west exposure. Not the best exposure but it's the best I've got. Unfortunately my south exposure windows won't work. So I deal with leggy plants for a while.
I planted these when our chives looked like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment