Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pictures of a Maine Garden in July

Slowly the gardens make the gentle transition into summer and the variety of colors, shapes, and sizes become more and more apparent. Here are a few photos showing some of this transition. You can click on them to enlarge them. Enjoy!
The garden near my house:
Astilbe
Common Sage
Japanese Indigo
Butterfly Weed
Dill
Basil
Milkweed - heavenly scent!

From my lower garden:
Self sown "wild" garlic with scapes
Winter Squash, Delicata or Acorn....I forget but will know soon enough!
1 of several beds of onions
Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Borage
Flowering Cilantro
Lettuce, having been cut once
A Sour Cherry Tree outside my lower garden
From the middle garden:
Scarlet Runner Beans and Morning Glories
Pumpkin
Raspberries
Potatoes (potato bug free!)
Onions
Garlic
Corn
The upper garden has my tomatoes and some...
Red onions and beans
Perennials such as strawberries in front of asparagus
Rhubarb
Horseradish

Where the garden was years ago. I moved it because even after several years of soil building there was never a worm to be found. I suspect the previous owner enjoyed his chemical fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides.

Kyle's hops

Hop leaves

Around the yard
Plum tree
Blueberries
Black Cohash
May Apple (I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment