Wednesday, July 30, 2014

When to Harvest


Just when I was about to give up hope on my eggplants I found this.

As we shift from planting/mulching to harvesting/tending the question of when to harvest comes up a lot. It was nice to find this link that gives simple tips on how to tell when a variety of foods are ready for harvest:
http://www.organicgardening.com/learn-and-grow/when-to-harvest

Something else that made me smile:
I've planted quite a few of these around my gardens over the years never to get one to bloom or come back the following year. Until now. First beautiful bloom of cardinal flower. Lovely.

I tried to take photos of the bee filled sunflowers but with a breeze it was hard to do. So I'll post one I took the other day at our school garden. I just think it's the prettiest picture.

May your harvests be plenty and delicious,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment